Sunday, August 1, 2010

New Obsession

A couple of Saturdays ago, I stumbled upon America's Test Kitchen on PBS. The show speaks to my inner geek by including the why's behind the recipes. They'll say what they tried and didn't work (so I know not to substitute something), the science behind why the recipe works, product reviews, and always the "best" way to cook whatever it is they are making.

After watching, oh, I don't know... 10 or so episodes... I decided to attempt a couple of the recipes: Hungarian Beef Stew and Almost No-Knead Bread. John and I were both pleasantly surprised by the results, especially with the bread. It was the first time I have tried to make bread, and I'm ready to go back for round two. The process may require quite a bit of time, but most of it is hands off, easy, delicious, healthier than store bought, cheaper than store bought, and good results are surprisingly satisfying. 



1 comment:

I love to read your comments, though your comments may take a while to show up as they are approved individually. Due to waaaay too much spam, I have added a word verification feature... sorry 'bout that!