Sunday, August 29, 2010

Big Girl Food Revisited


You may recall LE's first experience with rice cereal. She cried, threw her head to the side, and arched her back to get away. The first attempt at putting a spoon towards her mouth ended up with her hitting the spoon to the floor. In other words, it didn't go very well.

When Susie visited shortly thereafter, she gave it a go with LE. Once again, LE was not a fan. Then, I tried giving her the cereal every few days for about 2 weeks and could only get about four spoonfuls shoved into her mouth before she went back to the same antics from the first attempt.

I took a week hiatus, and with a little adjustments to the preparation of the cereal, we tried again. This time, lo and behold, she opened her mouth for the spoon and willingly took a bite. What just happened!? Thinking it was my imagination, I prepared the spoon with another scoop of slop cereal, and she opened her mouth again. She liked it! By the end, we both needed a bath, but it was well worth it. It's amazing how proud I was of her.

For the record, LE was 5 months and 6 days old.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! How precious is she?! Hello, baby fever :)
    You have such a sweet blog! I'm glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, though your comments may take a while to show up as they are approved individually. Due to waaaay too much spam, I have added a word verification feature... sorry 'bout that!