Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Eve Tradition


Back in March, before I started using Pinterest, I saved to my Evernote notebook a post from the blog Eighteen25. They created this cute box to store a printout of the kid's interests/favorites/dreams every year (both of the following images are theirs).

This is a great idea to do on birthdays or the start of each new year.  
I really like the idea of a tracking the current interests of kids and even adults. Though I think the box is cute and a great idea for a many families, a digital file would work better for our family.


I'm constantly trying to purge our belongings so that we actually know where things are and remember that we have things! So, for us, we'll be using the printable below, scanning it back into the computer, and then including it in our photo books that I do through Shutterfly.  We have a big collection of Shutterfly books; I like how it keeps all of our memories accessible without the bulk.

Click the image for the full-sized printable JPG



For the adults, I recommend taking a look at the list that Simple Mom's Tsh came up with. The last page of her PDF is formatted so that you can print it out and cut out little cards. 

This morning, I noticed that 30 Handmade Days also did a New Year's printable. Go check hers out, too! The image below is hers.

Happy New Year!

9 comments:

  1. love your printable. i really need to do something like that for each of my kids at the beginning of the year too. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do something like this on my kiddos birthday's...it's their annual interview. Fun idea for NYE, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happend to the German learning part? Did it work? Just curious, b/c I'm German!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ina- That was a picture from another blog and not one of our goals. :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! Your post was featured on my blog! Please stop by to check it out and grab your "I've Been Featured" button.

    http://bestlifemistake.blogspot.com/2013/12/new-years-eve-ideas-for-kids.html

    Thanks,
    Amy @ Some of the Best Things in Life are Mistakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea, I like the idea of my daughter writing her answers then scanning it back into a digital form. I think I may have her then read it so I can record her voice too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I love your "celebrating the year" printable. It won't print out for me full size! Any suggestions? I would love to do this as a tradition each year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to email me for the PDF version. :)

      Delete

I love to read your comments, though your comments may take a while to show up as they are approved individually. Due to waaaay too much spam, I have added a word verification feature... sorry 'bout that!