Welcome! Come on in!
Standing at the door, looking in:
The tree is understated but not quite as much as it is in the photo.
Sitting on the floor in the corner by the forward-facing bookshelves:
Standing in the corner with the glider:
That's it! I love how her room is whimsical, but it's also filled with things that have meaning.
- The gray lamp is from my grandparents on my dad's side (repainted).
- The sock monkey is reminiscent of my mom and grandma.
- The SMU frog is a gift from my step-mom during my first days at SMU, where John and I both went to college.
- The laugh sign is a gift from my friend Ashley when I was in college (repainted).
- The photo with bunting and the necklace around the sock monkey's neck are from our trip to Fiji.
- The toy box that the fan is on was built by my dad and my older brother's and mine growing up.
- The pillow on the glider was a gift from John's parents at LE's baptism.
- The blanket holder was in my room growing up and now holds John's baby blankets, my baby quilt, and the quilts that my step-mom labored over for LE.
- The red rain boots are from when John was a baby. (They're LE's current size so they aren't on display.)
- The wagon was a pregnancy gift from a company I worked with.
The paper bunting was used last weekend at a baby shower, and I figured it could hang at least temporarily in LE's room. I'm on the fence with whether it's bunting overkill with the small one on the frame and the larger one on the window. I love the paper design from How About Orange.
I installed a craft paper roll under her little table for drawing.
I'll be repainting the glider the same light gray as the stripe and the dollhouse that's hiding in LE's closet will come down for her to play with.
Thanks for stopping by!