Thursday, June 10, 2010

Milestones


I haven't been doing a great job documenting LE's milestones, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been noticing them. For about 3 weeks now, LE has started to respond to her surroundings. She loves her play mat that Aunt Nora gave her; she'll lay on there kicking her legs around, smiling and cooing. It's amazing how much I love to hear her coo. LE will sit on our laps, look hard at our faces, and will try so hard to make a coo or "guh" come out. We have little conversations of nonsensical words.

Overall LE has been a great, well-mannered baby that is easy to soothe. Yesterday LE had an especially cranky afternoon with no smiling times. All she wanted to do was get held, sleep, and eat. I wore her in the BabyBjorn while I cooked dinner, which was the easy part. The hard part was trying to eat in a semi-horizontal position with my less dominant hand and without dropping food on her head. Finally, after I finished eating, she woke up from sleeping on my chest. I see her cute little head spring up to look around. Her nose is two inches from my nose, her eyes peering into my eyes. I got excited thinking that she was going to smile and be happy... but then "buuuuurp!" She puts her head back down. Thanks, LE. Good thing your mom finds your gas funny... for now anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, though your comments may take a while to show up as they are approved individually. Due to waaaay too much spam, I have added a word verification feature... sorry 'bout that!